Hello Grey Owls
Hope you are all safe and well. Miss Waddington and I are missing seeing you all lots!
Please have a look at all the website links and school links that are listed below. They are really useful and will help with home learning. I know that some of you have requested paper copies of work and I hope you are working hard on these.
There is one website that I think is really useful as it provides real lessons each day to follow with video link. It is produced by the DfE (Department for Education) and is called Oak National Academy. Find it at: https://www.thenational.academy/
In addition to this, I would like you to:
- Read lots of books – fiction and non-fiction. In the Summer term we will be reading ‘Fantastic Beasts’ by J K Rowling and ‘The Hobbit’ by JR Tolkein.
- Learn the Y5/6 common exception words given out last week.
- Learn the National Curriculum spellings you have been given.
- Practise your times table facts for all times tables until you know them off by heart. Learn a few each day. Put them on post-it-notes around your house to help you.
- Learn how to tell the time to the nearest 5-minute interval.
- Practise the 4 calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division). Use a die to help generate sums (like we sometimes do in class).
- Use TT Rockstars to practise times tables. Can you improve your score?
- Look at the 2Do’s set on Purple Mash.
- Artwork – can you design a vase / bowl / tile with a William Morris pattern?
- Science - complete a STEM activity 617-straw gun
- Topic – can you find out about any Victorian jobs for children? The BBC Horrible Histories series may help you with this.
- E – stay fit and healthy. Play games in your garden, climb the stairs, jump on your trampoline, make a circuit training set…anything that will get you moving!
Finally, take care of yourselves, stay safe, and well Grey Owls. Can’t wait to see you.
Miss Mulrey xxx
This Week's Home Learning (W/B 06/07/20):
Virtual Ukulele Resources: Please click this link.
Weekly Phonics/Reading and Spelling Tasks - Please click the following links to access
Miss Tucker's Reading Challenges for Y5 can be found here
Miss Tucker's Reading Challenges for Y6 can be found here
Previous Home Learning
Spellings (Y5) (W/B 06/07/20)
Spellings (Y6) (W/B 06/07/20)
Comprehension (Y5) (W/B 06/07/20)
Comprehension (Y6) (W/B 06/07/20)
Grey Owls Home Learning Grid (01/06/20)
Grey Owls Learning Grid (08/06/20)
Grey Owls Home Learning Grid (15/06/20)
Grey Owls Home Learning Grid (W/B 22/06/20)
Grey Owls Home Learning Grid (W/B 29/06/20)
Grey Owls Home Learning Grid (W/B 06/07/20)
Design Technology Activities for KS2- Please click the link
Religious Education- Theme: Easter - Home Learning for Year Five children can be found here
Religious Education- Theme: Easter - Home Learning for Year Six children can be found here
Please also regularly login to Purple Mash and check 'To Dos'.
Click here to find your Maths homework grid: Maths Homework Grid Y5 and 6